As most of y’all readers know, I’m an avid gamer. From League of Legends to Monopoly, I take all my games seriously. This “Anime Blogger Interrogation Game” will no doubt be treated the same way. Anyways, I was “tagged” by Marina-chan of Anime B&B to participate in this game, along with 4 other lucky members (Avvesione, Simpleek, Ahelo, and FoxyLadyAyame).
Let the game begin!
Before we jump to answering any questions, I must explain the game rules (copied from other blogs):
- Each person is supposed to follow the rule of fives. You are allowed to ask 5 questions, after which you can tag up to 5 bloggers by hyper-linking to their blog; 5 questions because it’s not too many to flood another blogger and occupy too much of his/her time, but yet a large enough number to ask your most important questions, and 5 bloggers to avoid spamming. Hence, prioritize your questions, and who you wish to ask!
- Those tagged are obliged to answer the questions in a blog post, and after which, they are entitled to create their own 5 questions and tag 5 other bloggers, so on and so forth. You are allowed to tag the person that tagged you in the first place. Also, copy and paste this section on your blog so others can understand how the game goes.
- In the case where a blogger strongly refuses to answer a question, he/she must instead post a nice anime image, wallpaper or cosplay picture, et cetera in response to that question.
- To make things interesting, a blogger can include wildcards in his/her 5 questions by placing an asterisk, (*), after which those tagged are obliged to reveal something interesting about themselves that others did not previously know. There is no limit to the number of asterisks one can place (which means there can be up to 5 wildcard questions).
- Anyone can feel free to start the game; you don’t necessarily need someone to tag you. Just create your 5 questions and tag your 5 people of choice. However, the catch is that you must answer your own 5 questions as well.
- To potentially prevent an endless game, this round of games will end on the 8th September 2012, 12pm JST (GMT +9). After which, no more bloggers can tag others to answer their questions.
If you had to cosplay as one anime character at the largest anime convention closest to you, who would you be, and why?
Well, generally I shy away from cosplay because it’s often expensive. From a “really cool no-budget” standpoint, I’d totally love to be a Gundam. I’m an avid Gundam fan, so if I could dress up in a Zaku outfit, that would probably be the most memorable thing in my life (so far).However, as we all know, things aren’t free in this world, so if I had to make a concerted effort to do a cosplay, it would probably have to be Sasori or Sasuke from Naruto Shippuden. I would really like to don the whole Akatsuki outfit and in addition to my looks, I look really young and I have relatively white skin. The only reason I’m saying Sasuke too is because I really like the hairstyle and that, I do know, if I do a Sasuke, I’ll make fujoshis kneel before me XD (shhhhh…don’t tell them I said that).
Though I do want to make an effort to cosplay for next year’s AX, I’ll most likely end up doing a Ryuzaki from Death Note because it’s simple and I often grow my hair into his hairstyle. Not to mention, since I’m a lazy guy, all I have to do is find jeans, a white shirt, and marathon an anime the night before.
What is your favorite post on Anime B&B? If possible, explain.
It’s not like I’m indecisive, but I’m going to answer this question a bit differently.
What I like about Anime B&B is how it actually stands out from other animanga blogs. It’s nothing over-the-top special, but it’s something truly unique: Food posts.
I always have a soft spot for really original stuff that identifies a blog, thus when I first saw that Marina posted recipes and food from anime, I was truly amazed. I had never seen such a radical blogging method, and that is exactly what attracts me to Anime B&B so much~
You’ve just been informed that you have one more day to live. What last meal would you like to eat?
One more day to live? Hmm…what to eat? That’s actually not too hard. Wait. That depends on my relationship status. If I had a girlfriend/wife, I would certainly want to enjoy her cooking as my meal. However, if I were single, I would most likely want a Taiwanese pork-braised rice meal at my favorite night market, hands down.
Looking at Hunter x Hunter‘s Nen chart and role descriptions, where do you most likely fit? Is that what you would wish for, or would you like to have a different ability?
- Enhancers are determined and simple. Most of them never lie and hide nothing. Their words and actions are often dominated by their feelings. They are generally very selfish and focused on their goals.
- Emitters are impatient and not detail-oriented. Many of them quick-tempered and hot-blooded. They resemble the users in building their impulsivity, but the difference with them, they probably tend to calm down and forget more easily.
- Manipulators are logical people who advance at their own pace. They are all for arguments and tend to want to keep their families and loved ones safe. On the other hand, when it comes to pursuing their own goals, they do not listen to what others might have to say about it.
- Transmuters are whimsical liars. Transmutation users have unique attitudes, and many are regarded as weirdos or cheaters. They rarely reveal their true intentions.
- Conjurers are typically high-strung. They are often on guard as to be overly cautious. They are very observant and rarely fall into the traps. Being able to analyze things calmly is the strength of the materialization of users.
- Specialists are individualistic and charismatic. They will tell you anything important on them, and refrain from being close friends. But, because of their natural charisma that draws others, they are always surrounded by many people.
Since these options seem like absolutes, I must conclude that I’m a mixture of some of these things.
I, like an enhancer, I’m often very determined when it comes to things I want to do. However, I do lie at times and I’m often quite secretive. It’s also very true that my actions are heavily influenced by the current emotion, thus sometimes I might get overbearing on certain things.
At times I’m like an emitter. I don’t have a lot of patience for things and my temper has often been described as a volcano about to erupt. However, unlike an emitter, I never calm down easily and I will never forget.
I think, out of the 6 types, manipulators describe me the most accurately. I’m a “my-pace” kind of guy and I’m always up for a good debate. I also cherish the safety of my kin and friends.
Eh. Transmuters. Uh…I have unique attitudes alright, but I’m strongly against cheating. However, I do like to conceal my true intentions.
Conjurers are also quite descriptive of me. I like to over-analyze a lot of things, thus I don’t often get caught in situations that I won’t find pleasant. However, as you now know, my temper is rather short, so my “analyzing stage” can be interrupted by emotions.
Not quite like a specialist, but I do have lots of friends. Probably not as charismatic, but I do love to make “close friends”.
All in all, I’m a mixture of them of the above selections. I don’t think I’d wish for any other ability as I like to remain “multi-faceted” and not “simple” or confined to a single category. Of course, as said before, if I had to choose, I’d undoubtedly be a Manipulator. The whole “controlling at range” seems a lot more attractive than actively being in combat.
Your life’s an anime accompanied by its own soundtrack and theme songs. Which composer would you like in control of your OST?
This is actually a question I can’t answer, mainly due to the fact that I’m not acquainted with anime composers. However, I would like ROOKiEZ is PUNK’D to do my opening theme and HOME MADE KAZOKU to do my ending. As with the general music flow with my OST, I’d definitely like something of the Gundam genre. Or perhaps a mix of the “traditional Japan” style a la HOTD. Oh, and I want a laugh track, but that wouldn’t fit too well ;A;
I WANT YOU TO JOIN THE FUN! (John Sato, SnippetTee, ReisengRath, and Kaminomimemo)
Alright folks, you know I’m not a mean guy (psh…Marina’s questions are soooo long. Just kidding), so I’ll keep the questions in relatively moderate length~
- How did you find out about the anime community on Twitter? What were your initial thoughts on it?
- Why did you start blogging in the first place? What were your motives? Do you still remember what your first post was about?
- What’s your favorite dish from an anime? (inspired by Marina)
- How would you compare yourself in real life to how you present yourself on the internet?
- Do you ever wish your life were an anime?
Answers to my own questions:
1. I stumbled across Twitter one day because I wanted to try it out. At first, I followed some anime RP/bot accounts, which eventually led me t to some bloggers. From that point on, I’ve just kept accumulating bloggers, thus diving deeper into the community.
In the beginning, I thought it was fun, and it truly was. However, I soon came to know the community had multiple side and factions, which made associating with a certain crowd a whole lot easier. Regardless, Twitter’s anime community is still one of the best things in the world.
2. I started in the first place because I was desperate to get my thoughts about anime on paper. Since I wasn’t too widely known on Twitter yet, I decided to write posts and thoughts.
My motives at the time were simple: Vent and find people to discuss with. To this day, it hasn’t really changed much, but now I take blogging quite seriously, so I don’t half-ass any posts and I try to stay relevant.
No, I don’t remember my first post. Actually…I think I do. It had something to do with To Aru Kagaku no Railgun. Man…I really took a lot of time into writing that article, so it seemed really academic and what not. Not really “read-able”, if you catch my drift.
3. Favorite dish? Definitely the Mapo Tofu in Chuuka Ichiban. the golden glow…the reaction from the judges. It looked like pure ecstasy.
4. Definitely different. As said in my older 2D vs 3D post, I like to keep things separate due to “connotation” and “stereotype” issues. On the internet, I try to be all cuddly and do the whole “nyaa” thing, but IRL, I don’t think many people get to see that side of me. I’m usually a colder guy to people IRL.
5. Yes I do actually. I wish I could write a manga about how I like to keep my lives separate, and then have it adapted to an anime. I encounter a great many odd things IRL, so that could totally be an episode. I also have various stories that can make my “life anime” fit into many genres. Of course, I’m no mangaka…so this dream is probably a dead end.
Before I finish, I would just like to thank Marina for giving me this opportunity to do such a fun (and long) post~ It has been a great pleasure to be part of this game, as I get to answer some questions that people usually wouldn’t ask me. Not only that, I get to find out more about people that I want to know more about! Anyways, I pass on the torch to my selected participants ~ I wish y’all the best of luck!